Monday 16 October 2017

Minor Project | Further Incorporating The Script Editor & 'Error' Renders


After working more on utilizing the ideas of texturizing the script editor and failed renders, I feel as if I've opened a doorway into an aesthetic that feels specific to this project and could continue to shape the remaining work I'm yet to create.

For sake of ease of viewing I've arranged these next few renders into a 'lookbook' type experience, as I feel the images lend themselves naturally to being viewed as a series that has been directed by me, something to keep in mind as I go on to work in further experiments.

These particular models are essentially utilizing the successful areas of each of the various experiments that have taken place so far, with a combined deformation that stems from the bend and twist tools an essential structure is established to be worked upon before layering up results from different rendering software that has been used to gather results around the viewport, wireframe and a final well lit model. Once these layers have been gathered and composed in Photoshop, an additional layer of script has been applied and edited to suit the aesthetic of the scene as well as completely fitting the goals of the project.

1 comment:

  1. My reaction to these images is simply... watch the flattening effect happening here - because even though your working in Maya, the sense of it as a 3D material is vanishing here and you're creating work that is, arguably, losing its essential nature - these are like photographs of the surface of clay, as opposed to dealing with clay as volumetric material. I'm not in anyway suggesting that these are without interest, but I am suggesting that they're struggling to articulate themselves as artefacts.

    ReplyDelete