Thursday 1 February 2018

Major Project | Glass Ncloth Exploration


After my recent work with melting points and glass materials in Maya I feel as if I want to explore that further before I move onto a different material, potentially looking into methods around glass blowing and what that could introduce to my project. Something I want to really incorporate into this stage of my project is the usage of ncloth in Maya, by deforming a model with a materials property values and then allowing an ncloth to collide with the object I'm able to create an impression of that models physical traits on a new object. 


By creating a model that has the physicality of a specific materials property and then creating this imprint with an ncloth, I'm essentially making casts or molds that could then be used to create more models, as well as existing as a piece in its own right.

Below are some experimental shots and process' I've been trying out in light of this method, taking the moment different variations of the ncloth collide with the deformed model and rendering them out as stills...


As well as viewing these moments of collision from a natural perspective, it has also seemed valuable to duplicate these moments and view them from various angles, creating multiple pieces from a single moment...


These moments of collision are something I plan on utilizing as my project moves forward, possibly moving into how these shapes created by a deformed collision could be taken further.

No comments:

Post a Comment