Friday 16 February 2018

Major Project | Marble Sculpting | Hammer And Point


After initially searching for a way to translate this method of sculpting marble in Maya, I've decided that I want this material's feature in my outcome to have a jagged, very rigid personality, mirroring that of the technique itself.

To do this I'm going to use a mixture of limited particle dynamic and Deformations to portray the technique. Something that I want to be prominent in this area of the final film is camera work, I want to highlight the technique with rigid movements like those seen in this live performance video...


           
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Z573n6-xU

By combining a camera technique like this with timed deformations I will be able to convey the technique and methodology used in marble sculpting.








No comments:

Post a Comment