Wednesday 21 February 2018

Major Project | Plastic Texture Experiment


The next material I'll be working with in my final film will be plastic, a material that I want to illustrate in its resin form, or when it is being used as a cast for some kind of liquid to set inside it. To do this I have created a plastic textured object and made it an Ncloth, I have then collided that object with another whose physical properties are the embodiment of the melting point of plastic, so that when the two collide a resin is formed in the shape of plastics melting point.


(The above object was physically dropped onto a sphere that illustrated the melting point of plastic)





(After the point of collision, when the object begins to hang over the collider a duplicate is made and then inverted, showing the cast)



I'm extremely happy with the path this experiment is beginning to lead me down and will continue to experiment further from here on, perhaps working on filling this cast with some kind of liquid that resembles the process of creating a model from a plastic cast)

2 comments: