Thursday 1 March 2018

Freelance Work | Hive Mind


For the past couple of weeks I have been working freelance for a Kent based band named Hive Mind, they're a new band who were in need of an aesthetic and a number of different branding elements for their various social media platforms. I was contacted initially to create a promotional motion graphics video to be used across social media, with the brief stating a need for an 80's aesthetic reminiscent of Tron and Miami Vice. Through talking to the client I discovered that the band were also going to be looking for an artist to design a logo for them as well, after some discussion I was asked to create that also, and with the clients permission I'm able to share that work here...

(Logo to be used across social media)

            

It was such a valuable experience to work with a client on a project like this for a number of reasons, as outside of my internship with Butch Auntie this is my first taste of "working for" someone. The project went through a number of phases and was reworked many times, everything from typography to color schemes was decided between both me and the client and has shown me the kind of relationship you can have when working freelance. Here are a selection of some of the stages the project went through before arriving at a conclusion...







After a number of different versions being created the client settled on the below image, deciding that it best suit what they were aiming for in terms of aesthetics...

After creating these initial branding elements for Hive Mind I have been asked to work on more products for them including some merchandising that I'm extremely to share in the future.

Working with this client has been such a valuable experience and has shown me that I can communicate professionally and organize deadlines with another party, as well as being able to stick to my own current major project. From creating this work I have discovered that branding and aesthetics for outside parties is definitely something I plan on pursuing in the near future. Along side this, I have also been recommended to a live music venue and have been asked to create a promotional video for an event they are running, a project I will be able to share very soon! 

1 comment: