Tuesday 6 March 2018

Major Project | Rock Experimentation

Before completing my final steel experimentation I've decided to begin looking some of the opportunities available to me surrounding the rock texture and that segment of my final film. Despite stating in the above diagram that I plan to show carving through particle dynamics, after some research it seems that the shatter tool in the fx menu may prove to be more useful to me.

To create the set below I followed a simple tutorial (link at the bottom of post) that highlighted the shatter tool and the effect it can have a model, seemingly something that could benefit the rock portion of my project massively...

  







To create these models I applied a texture that I photographed and then worked in an original bump map to enhance the material and add a level of realism that is going to help bring this project to a higher standard.

I'm incredibly happy with the results of this experiment and its level of reality as I feel it looks a step above some of my other experiments in terms of realism, I now plan to create a number of experiments around the types of movement and collisions these rocks could have on each other.



(Tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WqeUddTIcE)

3 comments: