Sunday 25 February 2018

Major Project | Steel Material


As I continue down this path of experimentation I'm beginning to really want to start finalizing some decisions, mainly those around the aesthetics of the end result, which will be a short film showing different components of various materials visualized within Maya, working almost as a show reel of textures. 

With that said I'm going to complete the final two material experiments (steel and rock) and then move onto the more cinematic section of my film, looking into staging and lighting a little more. The next set of images are visualizations of steel within this 3D world...






After taking these renders I think it is clear that the steel portion of my final film should be quick and feel mechanical, showing deformations happening at a fast pace, resembling the movements that occur within various machines.

From here I want to carry out a test render that shows these deformations occurring, identifying what kind of role this material can play in my end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment